Tuesday 14 January 2014

T2-B42

January 14 2014:
  Today was our game against Byng. It started off not so great, we were down 10-2 after the first quarter. Then in the second quarter, I think it was 12-10 for us, so we were in the lead. Then in the third quarter I think the score was 22-26, once again we were in the lead. And then, in the least quarter they tied it up and we went to overtime. I wasn't supposed to play overtime. One of the girls who was about to play, however, said "I don't want to play, put Sasha in instead." So I ended up playing in the overtime. First of all, I was shaken, I wasn't ready to play, and secondly my game was off the whole day, so there wasn't really any reason why it would magically get better for overtime. In the last 43 seconds we were leading 27-26. In the last 15 seconds there was a time out. Our coach specifically said, "if you get the ball, just hold it until time runs out." So there was 15 seconds left, and somehow, I get the ball. When I looked up, I saw that there was nobody remotely near the hoop, so I went for a shot, instead of following my coach's instruction. I missed, they got the rebound and scored. Now it's 27-28 for them. 2 seconds left on the buzzer. We go, and they foul us. Our girl misses her first shot. Then she misses her second. I get the rebound, go up for the shot...(by the way, 1 second left one the timer)and.................................................. I MISS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was so upset. I felt like I screwed it up for my team, that it was all my fault. If I had held onto that ball at 15 seconds, we would have won. If I got that shot off the rebound, we would have won. I came home, cried some more, got starbucks and watched disney movie in my pajamas. I am tired, upset, angry, remorseful, resentful, disappointed, crushed,and everything in between. Hopefully I can redeem myself in the game against Kits on thursday.   

No comments:

Post a Comment